So second night in Ecuador. I still can’t believe I am here. The weather is just amazing. And the city of Quito is so beautiful. It is unlike any city I’ve ever seen before in Latin America. I was expecting your typical trashy, congested, dirty city but it has been the complete opposite of that. The city is super clean; there is no trash in the streets. There is very little traffic and you don’t have the old-crappy cars driving around shooting out emissions and honking like crazy. The vehicles are relatively new and the flow of traffic runs very smoothly. And the mountains around the city add the majestic feeling of beauty felt all around. It is really incredible here.
So today was basically a day where we were bombarded with information about safety and security along with getting our vaccinations and filling out loads of paperwork. After leaving the PC headquarters we came back to the hostel.
We decided to go to the grocery store and so a couple of us (3) decided to buy a six pack of beer each and take back to the hostel. Well, back at the hostel our group of three enlarges to 5, and then 8, and then 10, and then 13. Obviously 18 beers is not enough for everyone but it doesn’t matter because we all just sit around in a circle and start talking. The group breaks apart into 4 subgroups and people move around randomly. It doesn’t sound that exciting but it really was. We are all just having a great time, and talking (apparently a little bit too loud). Around 10:30 this old man sticks his head out the window of his room and says, “I have to get up really early tomorrow for work. Can you move it inside?” haha.
The night ends a little later after some Papa John’s Pizza but it was such a wonderful experience. We all got a little closer and got to know a little bit more about each other. And I still have yet to find an annoying person, but apparently people will become annoying during training which starts Monday.
Tomorrow we will be going to the “Mitad de Mundo”, center of the Earth. And we will also be leaving our hostel and going to Cayambe which will be our training site for the next 9 weeks. I can hardly wait. Sorry that I haven’t been able to take a lot of pictures and haven’t been able to upload them but I will as soon as possible.

This is the agriculture group getting to know each other more at the hostel the second night.
No comments:
Post a Comment