Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sickness & Farms

February 25, 2010 Thursday
So I have gotten sick…finally I guess. But it’s not cool. First it started with the irregular bowel movements, you can guess what that means. It was because I ate this fruit washed in water….which is a no, no. But then I went out the next day and had street food, so that didn’t help it.
But anyways, I ended up waking up this morning with stomach pains and broke out in a cold sweat. I was shivering so I had to get up and get more blankets. I took some fever reducer pills and anti-diarrhea pills. By the time I woke up, I felt a little better.
Today we went to an integrated farm that utilized everything to the maximum to be organic and to make the most out of their products. It was very cool. We learned about composting, fertilizer, and worm beds. However, I felt like shit because my fever. When we came back, I was worn out, and took a nap. When I got up, I took my temperature and it was 102. But I took some fever reducers and now I feel better.
I’m kind of bummed out because this was the last night all of us are going to be together. Tomorrow we all leave for our host families for 9 weeks. So I won’t get to see everyone all the time. I decided to call it a night early because obviously my health is more important than me socializing. Yes, you better believe it, I just said that.
Well I guess till next time!



The cooks and I. They loved me.


The language facilitators and I.


Me, Farren, and Reid.....from Florida & Boston respectively.



This is the whole group of volunteers as of now. I don´t think any of us have dropped out but it very likely that it can happen within the next couple of weeks.

3 comments:

  1. only read a small bit of this but i just love you so much jamie and i'm so proud of you and your heart. you're such a wonderful example for me and have given so much in the short short time span our energies have connected. youre def always in my thoughts. i will take your place in TX next week! watch out!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks adrieene! I can´t believe you are going to texas and I am not gonna be there. what a shame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaime, Wow what an amazing journey you are beginning. You are such an amazing young man. I am still in Pecos and teaching. I am still involved with Search. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures. Take care and stay healthy. I will be praying for you and your mission with the Corps. God Bless, Cindy

    ReplyDelete